Monday, September 29, 2014

Promote Yourself

Trust me, it's okay to promote yourself - to let people know you have written a new book, learned a new song, opened a new store, or anything else that's new in your life.

In former days, when large publishing houses contracted for your book and poured a generous amount into promoting your joint venture, the publisher underwrote the cost of getting the word out to the public. Now, even if you are lucky enough to be offered a contract, the author must come up with a plan to market it.

The same with large companies. In the past, if you hired on as a junior partner, or landed a position with advancement possibilities, the company footed the bill for all your needs. Now, there are few large companies left in towns that once boasted several. You have to promote yourself.

Don't get discouraged. It's accumulative. You must be willing to lay a firm foundation, letting God carry the worry part of the load. You enjoy the fun part and laugh when you can.

I just finished writing an Advent 2014 Devotional Book with some very unique features, incorporating Social Media and Internet aspects people of today enjoy. It was just present on Amazon today, and I notice, they not only don't have the cover visible, they have the wrong cover posted. I sent in a correction - hopefully it will be up soon. In the mean time, I will laugh at the silliness of it all.

While I wait for Amazon, I'll promote myself. Check out the great cover on the side panel and order your copy of Waiting for Jesus in a Can't Wait World - Advent 2014 from Amazon. Or, get a signed copy at the Bread of Life Christian Bookstore in Greenville, OH this Saturday, October 4 where I will sign it and three other of my books:  Hiawassee - Child of the Meadow, Smoke from Distant Fires, Escape from the Belfry, and Length of Days - The Age of Silence.

Oh, and yes, I made the call, I set up the book signing and I promoted myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment